We’re pursuing excellence and we want people who excel!
At Vast Solar we’re actively on the journey to transform world energy systems and to grow our business with a great team.
Of course we’re clean and green and that’s core to what we do and who we are. To help drive and deliver the transformation of world energy systems the world needs now, we operate and compete in the power and technology sectors. So we’re looking to grow our team with people who excel at what they do and who have an appetite to perform in a tough, competitive and fast moving business environment.
We are always on the lookout for smart, passionate and committed people from diverse backgrounds and with excellent skills in:
- Engineering – mechanical, electrical, power engineering, sustainable energy systems, IT, modelling and systems optimisation
- Product Design and Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM)
- Engineering Project Management – Construction, Design and Manufacturing
- Risk, Safety and Emergency Management Systems and Operation
- Business Development and Marketing
- Research – materials science, CSP systems optimisation, and engineering
- Engineering Design Documentation and Innovation
We believe in loving what you do, doing it well and being rewarded for what you do. As a small company with an appetite for growth we offer attractive packages and incentives based on individual and team performance. We value people, diversity, integrity and the pursuit of excellence. We put ‘smart’ at the centre everything we do. Smart, elegant design and effective execution is integral to our DNA, who we are and to who we seek to join our small but growing team.
Vast Solar’s people are proud, respectful and inclusive. They are transparent, honest, effective team players and self starters who execute clever, effective outcomes and solutions.
Sound like you? If so, please get in touch to explore opportunities to join us on our exciting journey. Send an email marked ‘Careers’ with your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
You can also view our current vacancies on Seek.
Now Hiring: Process Engineer
We’re seeking a full-time Engineer to join our Projects team based in Sydney. The role responsibilities include:
- Engineering excellence in the analysis and design of key Concentrated Solar Power components and systems;
- Project manage the design, verification and supply of the major CSP scope packages, including communications with key suppliers;
- Complete estimates, material take off sheets and generate project budgets;
- Assist in the commissioning of the Vast Solar projects;
- Onsite liaison and coordination with Vast Solar’s engineering, supply and construction partners;
- Contribute to Vast Solar technology optimization and engineering through technical innovation and improvement;
- Contribute to the development of world leading competencies in high temperature CSP technology;
- Management and continuous improvement of Vast Solar’s work place health and safety and risk management strategies and culture; and
- Contribute to the design and delivery of Vast Solar projects and facilities including working at Vast Solar sites as directed
The successful candidate will be organised and possess high level communication and critical reasoning skills and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. All of us at Vast Solar strive to live our values everyday – safety, leadership, integrity, excellence and passion.
To succeed in this role, we are requiring someone who has:
- Minimum 4 year Engineering degree with evidence of ongoing professional and personal development;
- CSP knowledge and experience an advantage;
- 2-5 years engineering experience with successful track record in delivering complex engineering solutions;
- Attention to detail to meet the expected high quality standards;
- Highly developed analytical and numerical skills;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills; and
- Flexible to travel to sites as required.
Base salary range $80,000 – $100,000, depending on experience and skills commensurate to the position. Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.